Is your cellular device taking too long to connect to the internet while traveling? What you require is an RV cellular booster.
As the name suggests, it’s a device that improves the cell signal. But how does it operate?
We’ll explicitly elaborate on that below while bringing you some of the top RV cellular boosters in the market.
So, saddle your belt without further ado, and let’s explore everything about a cell phone signal booster.
Table of Contents
- What is an RV Cellular Booster?
- Do RV Cell Phone Boosters Work?
- Top Ranking RV Cellular Boosters for Camping
- Factors Affecting the Working of a Cell Booster
What is an RV Cellular Booster?
An RV at a Campsite.
As earlier asserted, it’s a component that boosts weak signals of a mobile hotspot or any cellular device. The booster has an exterior antenna capable of delivering an improved cellular signal than if it were absent.
Also, as you may have noted, the device’s name suggests that the cell booster finds use in RVs. In quick points, its upsides are as follows:
- It enhances the battery life of your mobile device.
- Also, the cellular signal booster significantly stabilizes your internet connection.
- The data speed of your device is better with the booster thanks to the device’s superior outdoor.
- Lastly, the cell phone booster ensures you have limited dropped calls.
Hence, given the above benefits, having the device in an RV is critical for an improved user experience.
Do RV Cell Phone Boosters Work?
A WiFi Booster.
There’s no doubt about the capabilities of a booster in creating a stronger signal than while absent. Nonetheless, some of the device’s limitations impair its functionality:
- First, you must already have a cellular connection before using it, as its fundamental role is to boost an existing cellular service.
- Also, the effectiveness of the booster box depends on its compatibility with your device.
Top Ranking RV Cellular Boosters for Camping
Given that so many devices are available today, achieving top data speeds means investing in the appropriate booster.
So here, we’ve listed the best-performing cell signal boosters you can settle on.
WEBOOST DRIVE X RV
The device’s manufacturer is widely renowned in the booster unit industry thanks to its longevity in the market.
It also comes at an affordable price, and some of its outstanding features include the following:
- The model is the newest cell network boost device for RVs. Hence, it comes with improved properties from the past types.
- Secondly, we’re discussing a broadband device compatible with all cellular signals.
- Moreover, it can tap into a 5G network, thus ensuring it guarantees a fast and reliable internet connection.
- The WeBoost Drive Reach is not limited to a single carrier, meaning you can use it with different network providers.
- Since it is designed for RVs, the device boasts excellent performance even while you’re on the move.
- Lastly, it is priced at $450 and has limited power consumption.
SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 RV
Are you tired of having a huge booster box with a bulky antenna? Then look further than this device. Despite its size, it has a range of upsides, as we’ll highlight below.
- It can support multiple users and is also compatible with contemporary smartphone technologies.
- Secondly, given its small size, it supports a 5G network and has a limited chance of destroying its antenna.
- It’s dearly priced at $450.
However, its coaxial cable is relatively short at 10 feet, thus requiring you to invest in a larger one for convenience.
SureCall N-Range 2.0 Vehicle Signal Booster
Again, this is a go-to booster if you’re looking for a miniature booster with excellent features.
- Although small, it can support all carriers and works best for RVs and passenger vehicles.
- It is also one of the cheapest top-quality boosters since it retails at approximately $200.
Its downsides? It just allows one user at a time. Secondly, it is compatible with outdated 3G and 4G LTE networks. Despite these downsides, given its low price, the device is worth the investment.
Cel-Fi Go X
The cell phone carrier is one of the pricey options on this list, and it is also a single carrier booster but has other remarkable properties.
- First, it features an impressive 100dB gain. The FCC limits the boosting power of other devices at a maximum gain of 70dB, thus making this one highly impressive.
- Secondly, the device is compatible with various providers such as Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T.
- The booster can also operate optimally indoors and outside thanks to its NEMA 4 weather resistance property.
- It is also among the best options for RVs as it is optimized to operate excellently in a wide range of environments.
- Again, if you want to monitor the device’s performance, all you need is to check its Cel-Fi WAVE app.
This cell phone booster is impressive, although it has the limitation of supporting only one network at a go.
Also, it comes at a retail price of $1399, which is quite expensive compared to its options. Otherwise, it is a special booster you can rely on in all RV expeditions.
HIBOOST TRAVEL 4G 2.0 RV
The model is an update on a former version that operated on the 4G Lite network, and it comes with a dedicated app to improve its use. Its other features include the following:
- It comes with Bluetooth and WiFi modules to monitor the signal’s strength during use.
- Again, its app has a reliable signal meter tool that facilitates the identification of areas with the most reliable connection at any time.
- If you experience challenges with the cellular data connection, you can outrightly speak to the support team for fixing.
- Lastly, it is quite dearly priced at $450.
AnyCall Car Use Mobile Booster
We also highly rate this booster primarily thanks to the following features:
- It is one of the cheapest booster modules and is also compatible with a wide range of network providers.
- The device also significantly minimizes your power consumption through its inactivity mode feature.
- Lastly, it ranks among the best RV booster modules for moving and stationary vehicles.
Factors Affecting the Working of a Cell Booster
Internet Speed Test.
A cell booster may not deliver faster data speeds than you’d want due to the two main limitations discussed below.
Your location may have rugged terrain, making it hard for the booster to communicate effectively with the nearest cell tower.
Also, the presence of trees and other obstructions will significantly hamper the cell service quality.
Another possible cause is bad weather in a certain location. Hence, consider checking out a different campsite if the current one doesn’t work optimally with your booster.
Time of Day
When you connect to a network provider during peak hours with high traffic, the booster’s performance will be down.
Also, the provider may reduce the bandwidth strength at a particular time of day to conduct routine maintenance.
How do I access the Internet in an RV?
A cellular network connection is the most reliable way to access a vehicle’s internet. Primarily, this is because an RV operates in remote zones without landline internet access.
Do home cell Boosters work in RVs?
You can use your home cell booster in an RV as a last resort. But, given the above RV cellular boosters, a home booster is not a great option.
Primarily, this is because it has a limited amplification capability which is not ideal for moving vehicles.
If you own an RV, investing in a network booster device makes sense to optimize your internet access.
Above, we’ve further elaborated on why boosters are a great option. Also, check out our list above of the top boosters you can invest in for your RV.
Although some are quite pricey, they come with advanced features making them a worthwhile investment. So grab the one that best suits your needs.