Looking for the best wifi mesh system for your home? Then you’ve come to the right place. This blog post will compare two of the market’s most popular wifi mesh systems – Eero vs. Deco.
We’ll cover product dimensions, speed, coverage, and devices connected and answer some of your frequently asked questions about both systems. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Which wifi mesh system is best for your home?
- Eero mesh router
- Deco mesh router
- Eero vs. Deco: How do they compare?
Which wifi mesh system is best for your home?
Struggling with an unreliable or spotty wifi signal in big buildings? A mesh system is an optimal choice for you. While both Eero and Deco have effective mesh systems, Deco provides superior performance. On the other hand, Eero from Amazon has a moderate cost coupled with an effortless setup. All of your internet needs are just a click away!
Eero understands that simplicity is key. It may be slower than other devices, but you can expand it with more Eero products to build a stable wifi network.
Amazon eero 6+ mesh wifi router
- Attractive and efficient design for easy installation and use.
- You can have unlimited beacons with the device.
- A quick setup process and wall-mountable for convenience.
- Integration with Alexa allows for hands-free control.
- The subscription fee needed to use the built-in security features can be expensive. Therefore, it is pricey compared to competitors offering similar features.
The data icon connects to multiple devices
Deco is an unbeatable bargain for a mesh network. It provides a dual-band connection, but you can also expand your home wifi by adding additional units.
TP-Link Deco Mesh wifi System
- Unrivaled speed for seamless streaming and online gaming.
- Stylish and eye-catching design.
- Straightforward setup with simple instructions.
- Powerful yet intuitive parental controls to keep kids safe online.
- Advanced malware and virus protection to protect against cyber threats.
- A user-friendly mobile app that is easy to configure and control remotely.
- Users cannot prioritize network activities or optimize bandwidth usage without dedicated backhaul band control.
Wireless Network Symbol
Eero vs. Deco: How do they compare?
The visually appealing Eero router is a sleek white device with smooth, curvy edges. On the other hand, Deco is matte white and shaped like an encased disc. It also measures 4.72 x 4.72 x 1.34 inches and weighs 16 ounces more than its counterpart’s 1 pound, 2 ounces. However, it appears bulkier due to contrast to the lightweight Eero (just 13 ounces).
The Eero Mesh router has a theoretical speed of up to 400 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 866 Mbps on 5 GHz. However, its actual speed at 30 feet is 199 Mbps. Comparatively, the Deco produces significantly faster performance. It has a theoretical rate of 1300 Mbps, with speeds clocking in at 249 Mbps from a 30-foot distance and 444 Mbps nearby. Equipped with MU-MIMO technology and dual Gigabit ports, TP-Link’s product stands out as superior compared to Eero mesh!
Fast wifi internet connection
The Deco Mesh Networking System provides speedy and secure connections and unbeatable coverage. The system’s 5,500-square-foot range outperforms Eero’s 5,000-square-foot range, ensuring reliable internet access for all connected devices!
Keep device capacity in mind if you’re in the market for a router. Eero mesh can handle up to 128 devices and two LAN ports — perfect for small offices or medium-sized homes! However, if your needs are more demanding, it’s best not to exceed 30 connections. Deco works with 100 devices at maximum but only includes 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Ultimately, though, when it comes down to reliability and device handling capabilities, Eero will reign supreme every time!
Wireless technology devices with laptop smartphone router
Is it possible to rely on a wired Ethernet connection instead of wifi in the mesh system?
You can use Ethernet to backhaul control operations by connecting devices through hardwiring.
Does Eero’s mesh router support USB connectivity?
Eero Mesh offers two Ethernet ports and has no USB port connectivity.
Wifi wireless router
When it comes down to it, both Eero and Deco are excellent options for creating a reliable wifi mesh system in your home or office. They both offer great speed and coverage capabilities and are incredibly compact so that they won’t take up too much space! Ultimately, it comes down to what kind of features you’re looking for from your wifi system. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.