About the best satellite finder apps, Explore satellites and space objects with our top app picks for Android and iOS platforms. From spotting the International Space Station to identifying distant artificial objects, these apps will undoubtedly elevate your sky-watching experience.
So, never miss a pass of the Hubble Space Telescope or a shooting star again with real-time alerts and predictions. Without further ado, let’s delve deeper into an elaboration of the best satellite finder apps.
Table of Contents
- Six Best Satellite Finder Applications (Android and iOS)
- How To Use Dish Network Satellite Finder Using Zip Code
Six Best Satellite Finder Applications (Android and iOS)
“Heaven Above” is arguably the best app for space enthusiasts that allows you to easily identify and track various celestial objects in the night sky. Its primary key properties are as follows:
- It has an easy-to-use tracker feature that allows you to quickly and accurately align your device with any object in space. Further, it gives updated real-time information on the positions and movements of objects in the sky.
- Moreover, the app is renowned for providing predictions on the International Space Station passes and other visible satellites.
- It also offers detailed information on the objects it tracks, including their characteristics and properties.
- Fourthly, it includes a night mode feature which is imperative in ensuring you don’t strain while using the app at night.
- It has a calendar integration. This feature assists in regularly updating the user on upcoming passes of celestial objects.
International space station
ISS Detector Satellite Tracker
The ISS Detector by RunaR is among the best for observing the International Space Station (ISS). The app is available for both Android and iOS users. With this app, you can get alerts for the time and location of ISS passes, and its interface is simple and easy to use.
Some of its key features include:
- It gives alarm alerts to notify the user of upcoming ISS passes.
- The app has a feature called radar finder; it helps you align your device with the satellite in real time.
- Again, it sports an inbuilt compass to provide accurate direction of the ISS’s appearance in the sky.
- A “Famous Objects Extension” is available as an in-app purchase. The property allows tracking multiple objects such as Rockets, ISS, Approaching comets, SpaceX satellite trains, Planets, and the Hubble Space Telescope.
Overall, the app is useful for anyone interested in observing the ISS and other celestial objects.
Satellite Finder Pro (Dishpointer)
It’s an Android app that assists users in finding and comes in handy for setting up satellite dishes. Some of the key features include:
- It uses GPS to determine the user’s location and the azimuth angle of the selected satellite.
- The app can also find specific active orbiting satellites from a pool of numerous ones around the globe.
- It also has a bubble level (to ensure proper setup) and further assists in LNB tilt to ensure proper alignment.
- The application is accurate as it primarily relies on augmented reality to facilitate the alignment of the satellite dish antenna. Finally, with its simple interface and helpful features, it makes the process of setting up a dish easy and accurate.
Satellite Finder (Dish Aligner)
The Dish Aligner, also known as the Satellite Finder, is an Android application created to assist users in locating and positioning satellite dishes. Some of its key features include:
- It has a vast communication satellite directory. It features a comprehensive list of satellites from around the world supported by the app.
- The application shows the Azimuth angle of the chosen satellite from your location. It helps you understand the direction in which you can point your dish.
- Further, it has a map feature, thus the ideal app for determining the right way to align your dish thanks to this property.
- It also has a search function allowing the user to scan through the list of available satellites. Once you find it, you can pick the one you want to align your dish antenna.
- It is a useful mobile app for anyone looking to set up or align a satellite dish.
The application is free to download and, therefore, easily accessible to anyone looking to set up or align their satellite dishes. It’s also user-friendly.
Adjusting the satellite dish to receive television signals
GoSatWatch Satellite Tracking
It is a mobile app, available for iOS and Android, that allows you to track satellites in real-time. You can use it on various Apple devices to access the following features:
- The app can provide information on the actual weather conditions at your location. The data that it provides includes cloud cover, humidity, and temperature.
- Secondly, you can also view the satellite information plus the orbital data for over 10,000 satellites in the app’s database.
- It is possible to use the application to make accurate predictions on future satellite passes. It includes getting data on the altitude of the pass, its location, and its exact time of passing right.
- Finally, the application features a built-in night mode as a health precaution to protect your eyes from a bright screen during observing at night.
Scientists tracking satellites on computer
TouchDown Apps creates the “Satellite Pointer” app. This application is available for iOS and Android devices, and you can download it for free.
Its features are:
- The app utilizes augmented reality technology to assist you in locating and identifying satellites in the sky. Further, the app displays vital information about the satellite installation.
- With this app, you’ll be able to quickly point your device toward the sky and spot specific satellites while also learning more about them.
The best overall satellite finder for iOS is GoSatWatch Satellite tracking, while for Android systems, it is Heavens Above. However, this could change depending on the user’s preferences.
How To Use Dish Network Satellite Finder Using Zip Code
For good reception of all digital satellite TV channels, whether free or paid, proper alignment of your dish is essential.
It ensures precise and strong signals, allowing uninterrupted enjoyment of all your favorite channels. Remember that different broadcast satellites offer different channel options. So, ensure you install the dish at the satellite position of your choice.
Here are the steps to using the dish network Satellite Finder using zip code.
Step 1. Check Website
Launch your internet browser and navigate to a website that provides satellite dish-pointing information, such as Satellite Signals, Dishpointer.com, or Arachnoid.
Step 2. Enter Zip information
Insert your zip code into the location information section in the web page’s upper left corner.
Step 3. Choose Satellite
Select the broadcast satellites of your choice from the drop-down menu. They also have a list of popular ones for your area. If it’s on the list, select it or enter the degree. And don’t forget; some services require you to check the box for your dish setup type, like “Multi-Satellite System” or “Single Satellite System.”
Step 4. Click Go
Press the “Submit” or “Go” button. It will quickly calculate the coordinates for your location.
Step 5. Dish Setup Data
Check the ‘Dish Setup Data’ section below for the precise location of your satellite dish. It has a Low Noise Block (LNB skew) coordinate, angle of reception coordinates, and the direction coordinates you need.
Jot down the coordinates on paper, as they’re handy while adjusting the dish. This way, you can use the location Zip code to easily find and access any satellite of your choice with Dish Network.
Satellite finder signal
We’ve just listed the top-performing apps for finding the available satellites from your area. With the help of these apps, you’ll be able to catch every pass of the Hubble Space Telescope or a shooting star.
So depending on your type of device and preference, choose the app that best suits your needs. Adios, and thanks for your time.